Saturday, October 6, 2012

Chicken in Basil Cream

I love, love, love cooking!  I feel like it is a great way to express how you care about someone.  Everyone loves a good meal.  When I cook a meal for my husband, I feel like it is my way of telling him that I appreciate him.  Sometimes, the food isn't always wonderful, but it is the effort I took to prepare it for him.  The meal I am going to share today is a Pinterest meal that turned out to be a hit.   I am attaching the link http://www.bigoven.com/recipe/192234/Chicken-in-Basil-Cream-(9) because I don't always follow the recipe exactly.  A lot of times I choose to leave things out because I forgot them at the store, or it is too much effort to put it in.  I did take some pictures with this because I know sometimes this is helpful when cooking.


Ingredients:       1/4 cupMilk
1/4 cupDry bread crumbs
1 poundBoneless skinless chicken breast; 4 halves
3 tablespoonButter
1/2 cupChicken broth
1 cupHeavy cream
1 can (4 oz)Pimento; sliced
1/4 cupBasil; fresh, minced
1/2 cupParmesan; grated
1/8 teaspoonPepper
 1.  Melt butter on the stove.


2.  Dip chicken in milk and then cook in bread crumbs.


3.  Cook chicken on one side.
Add the rest of the butter and cook on the other side.





4.  Remove chicken and keep warm.  Add broth to pan and bring to a boil.  



5.  Stir in cream, parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve over chicken.







No comments:

Post a Comment