I was so happy to be nominated for this award. I really didn't know what it was before I got started , but now I do. I actually got nominated by not one, not two, but three other people. Crazy! Thank you, Lauren, Kristin, and Holly. Go check them out! They have been so sweet to me as I have been trying this new blogging thing.
[What is a Liebster Award, you ask?] The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers(with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
[11 Random Facts]
1. I am double jointed.
2. I love dying my hair.
3. Favorite Cereal is Oh's.
4. I am planning on running a 4 miler in December.
5. I am becoming a huge thrift store fan!
6. I have only kissed two boys, and one of them is my husband.
7. When I get stressed, I clean or eat chocolate.
8. I would like to try something other than teaching, but I don't know what.
9. I took a fashion design class in college and learned to sew. I loved it, but have forgotten most of it. I need a sewing machine and room in the apartment.
10. I love getting letters in the mail.
11. I am very sympathetic to the point that if you tell me something devastating (that has nothing to do with me) I will still be distraught days later.
[Questions from Lauren (I just picked one set to answer)]
1. Favorite sports team? I like to root for the team's my daddy loves. He is from Detroit, so I root for the Lions, Tigers, and the Pistons. I don't dislike watching sports, but I am by no means a die-hard fan! I also enjoy watching the Rangers with my husband.
2. Why do you blog? I love connecting with other people. I enjoy the idea of people reading what I write. I also just like getting my thoughts out there. Sometimes, it is a way to vent. I love the realization that I am not the only one going through a certain struggle or hard time.
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world all expenses paid where would you go and why? Probably to Europe and going touring with my husband. However, this trip also needs to include a personal assistant who speaks the language and mine and plans everything.
4. Are you a homebody or someone who is always out and about and going? At first I thought this said, "Are you a homeboy?" I enjoy going out, but I crave time at my house, so I guess a homeBODY!
5. What do you miss most about your childhood? Living at my parent's house. Always having my siblings around. That is why it is so exciting when we can all get together!
6. Where did you grow up? Would you raise your children in the same town/city? I grew up in Colleyville. I loved my childhood, and I would def raise my kids there. Don't really see that happening because I love where I am now!
7. Favorite genre of music? Favorite band and why? I listen to whatever my husband has on. I normally don't turn music on because after a day at school, I like peace and quiet. I have been known to dramatically turn the radio off when songs annoy me.
8. If you had to name one, what would be your favorite day/memory from the last five years? Living in the dorms with Felicia. I wish I had moved to college sooner, stayed longer, and been invested more in school happening. So many great memories!
9. What is the most serious injury you have ever had? Um having my blood taken, does that count because I seriously cried more than ever about that???? If that doesn't count, then slicing my finger open at my old job while cutting lemons. I had to get stitches. My poor boss had to deal with that sobbing mess.
10. If your blog name was taken, what would you rename your blog? It used to be called Narrative of a Newlywed. I would just switch the words around...Pretty Living
11. If you could do anything and know you would never fail, what would it be? Start or participate in a cooking business.
Questions for my nominees:
1. Fav hair product
2. Most embarrassing moment
3. Fav Christmas tradition
4. Go to breakfast meal
5. Inspiring quotation
6. Something unexpected that you have discovered about blogging
7. Something you just realized or learned that you probably should have known
8. Comfort food
9. Book recommendations
10. Greatest compliment that you have ever received