Monday, August 19, 2013

Monster Lovin'

So, at the beginning of the summer, we thought it would be a brilliant plan to add to our family.  So, we drove way out to the middle of nowhere to pick up this little jewel. 
Her name is Gentry--after the Ranger's outfielder.
I had NO idea how much work a puppy was.  I now understand why my dad never let us get a dog.  We had chickens, and turkeys, and ducks when we were younger.  No poop to clean up, super cute when they are little, and stay outside.  Plus, they grow up super fast.

Currently, she is mostly potty trained.  She is working on not jumping.  Most of her razor sharp teeth have fallen out, thank goodness.  She still enjoys chewing on anything she can get her hands on.  At any given time, there is scraps of whatever she is chewing all over the house.  Lately, she has been super cuddling, which makes me not contemplate getting rid of her all the time. 
Zoey, Anthony's dog from when he was younger, comes over and plays with Gentry from time to time.  Mostly Gentry just nips at her, but Zoey is a good sport.

Not a fan of baths, but she is so cute when she is wet.

Her first photo op.

I snagged this picture at a concert last week.  She looks so dignified.  Julie, my MIL, worked with her a lot while we were gone to Cancun. 

I couldn't help it.  She didn't hate it as much as I thought she would.

4 comments:

  1. AHHHH puppy fever!!!! Gentry is so cute!! Love that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more clothes to dress her up in!

      Delete
  2. So adorable! What is her breed? I saw some of your pictures of her on your IG the other day and I would have sworn she had some boxer in her, but looking here I don't see it at all anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is boxer Australian Shepherd mix. You were right!

      Delete