Tuesday, August 20, 2013

College is so expensive!

Baby Mama Drama Update: Symptoms seem to be decreasing.  Thankful for all of the sweet words of encouragement.  I have been taking it super easy.


It's that time!  Students are headed back to school.  Some of my girls that I mentored at church are headed to college.  What an exciting time!  College was one of my favorite memories.  I loved going and playing ultimate frisbee late Thursday nights.  I was somewhat hardcore--I even had cleats!  I loved living in the dorms.  I made and solidified some really great friendships.

Classes didn't exactly make the top memory list, but the expense of college can definitely make a dent that is hard to erase.  Even though colleges and things associated with college seem to be rising in price, there seems to be some good programs out there to alleviate some of the money stress.

One such program is RentBack.  Rentback is a new initiative that allows students to rent the textbooks they ALREADY OWN to other students.  This is awesome because you can make 2 to 4x more money compared to what you would make through buyback options.  I know I always felt gipped when I sold my books back at the end of the semester, especially if I hadn't cracked the book once!

Another program, Campus Book Rentals, lets students rent textbooks.  Here are some perks:
*save 40-90% off of bookstore prices
*free shipping both ways
*you can HIGHLIGHT in the textbooks
*flexible renting periods
*this company donates to Operation Smile with each textbook rented

If college fees have you bogged down, check out these great alternatives.

Happy School Year,

No comments:

Post a Comment