If you are using your\you're incorrectly, it is like saying 2+2=3. I mean, you would be upset if another teacher walked into your classroom and told your students that.
Like the above comic states, your shows possession.
- I want your sandwich.
- Your dog is pretty.
- It is your turn.
I want you are sandwich. You are dog is pretty. It is you are turn.
Usually people err on the side of using your when you're is correct. I guess that extra letter and an apostrophe are a killer to type.
You're is a contraction which stands for you are.
- You're stepping on my shoe.
- You better come inside, or you're going to be in trouble.
- You're running too fast.
- You are stepping on my shoe.
- You better come inside, or you are going to be in trouble.
- You are running too fast.
Just like that, you are smarter.. Or at least you sound smarter,