Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My baby is safest when...

Since I am no longer working and getting paid for it, I switched over from night Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) to morning BSF.  (If you do not have a current Bible study group, you need to check out one in your area.  It has been the greatest encouragement to me.  I wrote a post about it last year, and you can check it out here to get some more information.)


This year we are studying the life of Moses.  Today we talked about Moses's early life.  If you are unfamiliar with it or need a short recap, here goes: The Israelites were living in Egypt.  The Pharaoh was afraid of how numerous the Israelites were becoming.  He tried many attempts to try to stop the growth of that nation with one tactic being for the Hebrew mothers to throw all their newborn baby boys into the Nile River.  Moses's mother fixed a small basket for him and set it afloat on the river where he was later discovered and saved by Pharaoh's daughter.

How courageous was that momma?  Being a momma now, I can't imagine sending my daughter off on a river.  I can't imagine being asked to give up my baby.  Our leader reminded us that Moses was never safer than when he was in that basket.  Likewise, Eleanor will never be safer than when she is in God's hands.  That reminds of something else I have been told-We are immortal until God calls us home.  Both of those things are just sweet reminders of the Lord's plan and protection for us.  But also very convicting, have I trusted the Lord with my baby?  I can plan and prepare, just like Moses's mom, but ultimately I have to leave her in the Lord's hands.

Wow, so much to take away from BSF, and it is only week 2!

Be encouraged!

3 comments:

  1. There are so many Bible stories that have so much more meaning for me now as a mom. It's been interesting to see my level of understanding evolve & change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I'm especially encouraged by this post. As a working mom, I sometimes feel like going to work is "putting my babies in a basket" and it's such a sweet reminder that I can trust The Lord with them daily and He directs their paths and mine. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is your leader? I am already loving the Moses study as well!! But, it is also really weird to know so many people doing BSF, but to not know ANYONE in the McKinney class! I'm definitely missing all of my Denton peeps!!

    ReplyDelete