Monday, February 11, 2013

Holiday Decorations aren't just for Christmas!

I love holidays!  I love holiday decor!  And I love a good deal!  
I don't have a mantle, so I had my parents help me install a couple shelves in the kitchen and along the length of the hallway.  Now, I have a place to put all my decorations.

I found this banner when I searched for  free valentine printable.  I wanted to do something with burlap, but I didn't have anything in the house, and I didn't want to spend money.  Next best thing--crumpled up brown grocery bag.  I punched holes and strung it together.  It was a super fun project, and I love the way it turned out!

Right underneath my kitchen shelf, I have a black bookcase with these on top.  I found the plate  at the thrift store for 99 cents sitting on top of a plate stand that I also found at the thrift store for a buck.  The candle is wrapped in twine (left over from the fall decorations).  

The heart plate on the left is from my sweet mother.  I made the one on the right at a  pottery place.  Isn't is gorgeous?!?!  

Hanging and Banging outside my door.  It is bright and glittery, and helps my friends find my apartment since I no longer have my rotting pumpkins out there.  

My grandmother saw this last night and commented that it looked like a sampler.  I guess subway art is like a modern day sampler.  There are so many creative people that make these and post them for free online.  All I have to do is print them off!

Love the owls!  I got this and the wreath on clearance last year at Target.  I know it is hard to wait until after the holiday to get the decorations, but, for me, it is so worth it!  If you can't wait, try going to the thrift store.

For my wedding, we used several large vases.  I had pinecones in them for  December and January.  I had popcorn kernels and candles in them for fall.  These flowers were on sale after Christmas.  They look great for Valentine's Day, but they also match my regular kitchen decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment