Sunday, September 16, 2012

Frugal Fashion

I love clothes! But I also love a good deal, and I  know how to find them!  I never understand why people pay full price for clothes, accessories, or shoes.  They just aren't worth it.  If the clothes were worth the price that they were originally marked, then they would never go on sale.  The outfit right here is a dress with a high waisted belt (What Not To Wear tip), the ruffles add a bit of fun texture, the colors are fun and pop, the skirt portion of the dress if fitted like a pencil skirt and show off my curves in a good way.  The shoes are surprisingly comfy.  Pretty much like a wedge.  My mom say this the other day at TJ Maxx.  For $5, how could I pass this up?  In years past, I would not have paired polka dots and floral, but it totally worked.  Plus, the shoes are so fun, and I got a lot of compliments at work.  

This was another outfit I wore to work.  My friends Alice and Michelle had recommended a thrift store in Highland Village.  It's like Plato's Closet for adults.  Check them out! http://www.clothesmentor.com/  This super cute sweater was only $6!  And for those of you that care, all the clothes at the place are name brand.  The necklace I got a while ago and can't remember where, but I am sure it was on sale, too.  The white tank has small stitching detail on the top.  I got it from Ann Taylor Loft clearance rack a few years ago.  Now, the Sperrys...These do not fit into my normal purchases as they are much more expensive than I normally like to spend.  Poor Anthony has endured my pining over these for the last three year, if not longer.  These shoes would not go on sale, doggoneit!  I finally bit the bullet and purchased them.  I like them because they go with almost anything.  I can wear them with shorts, pants, casual skirts.  I would like to say that I love them, but sometimes they rub against my toes and heels:(  Does this happen to anyone else?  I have tried those dumb footy socks, too, and they won't stay on my feet.  

If you are willing to spend the time looking through sale racks, you will find great deals.  Sometimes if I like something a lot, but don't love the price, I will return to the store a few weeks later to find it on the sale rack.  Score!

Where do you find your best deals?

No comments:

Post a Comment