Saturday, September 29, 2012

Easy Peazy Crockpot meal




 Good Morning!  Anthony just left for his first golf lessons (more on that later) and my in-laws and I are having a lazy morning before we hit the stores later.  I wanted to share a super easy meal that we love.

Sometimes I get annoyed with crockpot recipes because there is a lot of prep involved in making the meal.  Not this recipe!

Ingredients:
  • beef chuck roast
  • yams
  • 16 oz. jar of slasa
  • 1 C chicken stock or water (Not pictured) 



Peel and cut yams.  Layer in the bottom of the crockpot.


Add meat and pour salsa over the meat and yams.



 I actually forgot to put the chicken broth in this time, and it turned out fine.  I think I cook it for four hours on High, checking on it periodically.  I usually cook it on the weekend and have it for leftovers during the week.



*I do not like anything that has a hint of spicy in it!  If you are like me, don't be afraid of putting the salsa on it and trying it.  It actually turns out like a sweet flavor.

Let me know if you try it! Perfect meal to start the fall season:)



No comments:

Post a Comment