Thursday, July 1, 2010

P31


Proverbs 31, the superwoman of character and wisdom, the one to strive to be like. While reading that passage this morning, God revealed something new to me. Before when I had read this, I always focused on the amount of things that she was doing instead of her motivation. This woman believed that God was in absolute sovereign control of her life, but she also knew that God expected her to make godly choices to rule over herself. She was the ruler of what she could control: her time, her attitude, her schedule. She was not praised for the abundance of things that she could do, but rather for her spiritual character.

This attitude and motivation is something I need to start cultivating now. When I get married, it is just not going to automatically appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment