Monday, July 26, 2010

July, Where have you gone?


I have only posted once in July. Where have I been? What have I been doing? I went to Michigan with my parents for a week. Then I got engaged! But those are just excuses. To be honest I have been a little lazy. But that changes today. What is so nice about my relationship with God is that even though I may neglect Him for days, weeks, He still allows me to come back to Him. He does not harbor resentment or bitterness for me neglecting our relationship. This is a good thing, but sometimes I take advantage of it. For example, I have two really great friends, Courtney and Kandace. They both are not easily offended and do not hold grudges. I know that if I forget to call them back or don't call them right away with exciting news, they won't jump down my throat. However, I should not take advantage of their carefree attitude and do that often. The same is true with God. Even though I know He will be awaiting my return to Him, I should not bank on that and allow myself to become complacent with our relationship. Relationship, that is what I have with God. It requires two beings and effort on both parts continually. God always hold up His end of the bargain, and I need to continually strive to be the person He wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment