Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The small details

I have been super excited about wedding planning for a long time. In fact, I had even started before Anthony had proposed to me. I love been organized and delegating! This is definitely a project where both of those come in handy. When I visualized planning my wedding in my head, I did not imagine the little "hiccups" on the way. This last week I encountered my first hiccup. Let me clarify what kind of hiccup this is. Some people have small, quiet hiccups that hardly anyone hears. I, on the other hand, do not. My are loud, even with my mouth closed; they make my body jerk; they last forever, and they come in groups of three. Thankfully I have never gotten these while I was teaching. Anyway, we had a hiccup: the facility I was planning on using for my ceremony was booked for my date. Sad times:( I decided to email a bunch of churches in Denton to see if they were available. Not much success there.

Then my mother suggested having the wedding midweek. I know that this in unconventional, and I suspected that some people would not approve. Much to my surprise, Wednesday actually worked a lot better than having on the weekend. My brother and dad were both not scheduled to work, my matron of honor doesn't have to rush back the next day for another wedding, and it makes Anthony's Maryland family's trip much more convenient.

Fortunately, both my reception site and the church were willing to accommodate us. Oh, how thankful I was that the Lord had answered our prayers. But the icing on the cake came last night when the reception site emailed me and told me about the huge discount I would receive for having on a weekday. It was just a great reminder that God is looking out for us. Even though this was not my initial plan, God had a better plan all along!!

No comments:

Post a Comment