Sunday, April 14, 2013

Waiting is the Hardest Part



Monday!  It all happens on Monday!  We found a house that we both love a little more than a week ago.  We put in offer in.  and we wait.  It is a foreclosure, so there is a certain date when all bids must be in.  We have no idea what the highest bid is, but we hope it is ours!  We have been trying to fill our time with other activities.  I think I drug hubs to like 5 different garage sales this morning.  I will keep you posted.

Also on Monday, I have an interview with another school in the district.  Eek!  First thought when I got the call was, "What will I wear???"  I already have the outfit picked out and will post an interview pic later.  I will have to wait until the end of school on Monday before I can have the interview.  Wait, wait, wait!   To help alleviate my nerves, which I have been trying to keep at bay, I have a two page list of potential questions that I have been brainstorming through in case I get asked those questions.  The position is for 4th grade at a different school in town with a principal that I have heard wonderful things about.

On to other important things,




If you missed my other posts on life-saving grammar check them out here!

More homophones for you.  Today we are going to talk about they're, their, and there.  It can be confusing if you haven't had a lesson in a while, but here is a trick to help you out.

There has the word here in it.  It is usually referring to a place.  The cow is over there.
TheIr has an I in it.  It refers to people.  Their cow is over there.  (The cow belongs to someone.)
They're is a contraction of the two words they are.  Try replacing they're in the sentence with they are.  If it doesn't make sense, it is the wrong word.

For example, They're dog chewed the ball.  (Replace they're with they are.)  They are dog chewed the ball.  It doesn't make sense.  It is the wrong word.  Their dog chewed the ball.  (Correct!!)

They're going to the store.  They are going to the store.  (Yes!! It works!!)

Thanks for making the teaching of young children not a waste of time.

xoxo,




2 comments:

  1. Love this post Angela- so inspiring :-)

    XO Jenna
    Demureindiamonds.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to hear about the job- exciting/scary to see what will happen next year with everyone :) also curious as to what school

    ReplyDelete