Sunday, January 16, 2011

10 Things I have learned in the 1st month Part 1

1. Married life is not as different as I expected it to be. I often times look at Anthony and am like, "We are married!" (He then looks at me like I am crazy!) I spent enough time getting to know Anthony before we got married, that nothing really major has surprised me...yet.

2. I really enjoy cooking. My mom was a great meal planner, and I have incorporated a lot of her techniques. I use a calendar and plan my meals by week, then once a week we go shopping once a week. I have never been a big fan of going to the grocery store more than once a week. Plus, all grocery stores in Denton want me to poke my eyes out. They are so busy and never ever have enough check out lines open!

3. It is really great to be married to an Office Depot kinda guy.

4. It is always cold in the apartment because he is always hot. I would say that this is the area where I have compromised. I do have an electric blanket on my half of the bed. Check out #5 for an area where Anthony compromised.

5. I knew that Anthony was a snoozer--meaning he hits the snooze like 3 times before he gets up. I know this because while we were dating he often slept through his alarm and then was super upset when he missed going to the gym or was late to work. He often blamed it on the alarm not going off. This morning procedure is clearly inferior and ineffective. I, on the other hand, set my alarm for the time I want to get up, and then...look out...I GET UP. Novel thought, I know. I had been warning Anthony that this behavior would not be tolerated. True to my word, he has now learned how to get up right after the alarm goes off. So nice! The only thing that would be better would be if I didn't have to wake up when his alarm goes off.


No comments:

Post a Comment