Monday, December 30, 2013

Remember me?


I am sitting in our new, albeit, dog-chewed chair listening to the sizzling of my husband cooking dinner in the kitchen.  I have a laptop that works and a lapdesk which makes it super easy to type while sitting away from the table.  (Thanks hubby for the Christmas gifts!  Now I can finally get back to blogging!)

Did anyone else feel weird this Christmas?  I just felt like I was off.  It could have been the Icemagedon that caused schools to be closed a mere 4 days after returning from a week-long Thanksgiving break.  It could have been that because of said ice storm, I had to cancel my cookie exchange this year.  I was way excited because it was going to be in our new house, I was going to use my grandma's Christmas china, and I had the menu all planned out. It also could have been because there were only three weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Oh well, Christmas decorations are down, and I am on to the next projects. 

I have been feeling so overwhelmed lately, so overwhelmed.  I just feel like I have a mountain of things to do before the baby gets here in 8 short weeks.  Some of my projects don't even have to do with baby girl, I just know that once she is here, a lot of other projects will be placed on the back burner for a  while. 

In the upcoming posts, I will be sharing with you the progress on our house, baby girl's nursery, and a couple DIY pinterest projects that I actually did!  Shocking.

My wonderful mom came up today to help me out with life because I am seriously struggling.  She is such a calming presence.  A few weeks ago my hubby said, "I know most people don't really like their MIL, but I like mine because she calms you down."  He will even suggest me calling her when he has tried his best to calm me down, but I am still worked up.  I can't wait to show you some of the stuff we did today.  If you want a sneak peak, check out my instagram on the side bar of my blog.

It won't be so long next time, I promise,

1 comment:

  1. Christmas felt weird to us too. Christmas came and went and it felt like another day, only with more people and food prep! I'm crossing my fingers you'll share how you did your pinwheel project! It turned out beautifully!
    I know that this time before the baby can be very overwhelming but if you don't get it all finished remember that the first several weeks of baby's life are spent sleeping. I was able to do several projects around the house and read the Divergent series after Cora came!

    ReplyDelete