Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Orange and Turquoise




Again, grace on the picture please.  Still haven't bought the full length mirror.  But I am not the point of the picture.  I want to talk about the color combinations.  I got this shirt last week at New York and Company  (love that place!).

Normally I would have paired the shirt with brown accessories to match my shoes; however, in an attempt to branch out, I decided to pair it with a turquoise necklace and earrings set I got from Charming Charlie's.

For the longest time, I could not do orange and blue with because they were my high school colors.  My bestest friend, Brittany, designed a room with this two colors, and it looks great.  I used it as inspiration for my outfit!
Brittany lives in Ohio, and her house is so stinking cute.  I would never have thought to put orange and turquoise together.  

She found the pillows and used them for the inspiration for the rest of her room.  I think that is a smart idea, for sure!

Her and her husband, Tim, are super crafty and creative.  They found material that they liked and covered the crates under the coffee table and the lamp shades.

We have already informed Brittany that she will be coming down and decorating our house when we get one!  Thanks for the inspiration, Brittany!

What color combinations have you tried that aren't your normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment